DataTables logo DataTables

How does a cookie expiration work?
  • Hi,

Please help me understand the cookie expiration method.

We have set "CookieDuration: 600" i.e., 10mins.

- Does the cookie expires after 10mins from when it is loaded first time?
    - Does it extend the expiry time if we load another data tables page or the same page within 10mins?
    - What happens if user is still using the page and the cookie expiration time ends. Will the user loose all settings?

Thanks a lot.
  • It expires 10 minutes after it was last set, and it is is set on every redraw of the table.

- Does it extend the expiry time if we load another data tables page or the same page within 10mins?

Each DataTable uses an independent cookie - so one has no effect on another.

- What happens if user is still using the page and the cookie expiration time ends. Will the user loose all settings?

No - the current state is maintained. If they reloaded without a redraw, then yes they would then lose the state.

Allan
  • Each DataTable uses an independent cookie - so one has no effect on another.
    But I see only 1 file per URL. Does it maintain all cookies in 1 file?

Thanks.
  • What file? Cookies are held by the browser internally. They are in document.cookie and are semi-colon delimited.

Allan
  • Thanks Allan
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support

Get useful and friendly help straight from the source.