reinitialize a datatable

reinitialize a datatable

bobrockbobrock Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2012 in General
I'm using jquery datatables to display data inside grid. On init page load script take DateTime.Today and process them further, problem is after init page load, when I'm trying to take users input date for further process. I'm having following error.

DataTables warning (table id = 'dataTable'): Cannot reinitialise DataTable. To retrieve the DataTables object for this table, pass no arguments or see the docs for bRetrieve and bDestroy

[code]
function getDate() {
var date = $('input[name="myDate"]').val();
return date;
}

$('#myDate').click(updateDate);

function updateDate() {
$('#dataTable').dataTable({
"bServerSide": true,
"sAjaxSource": "/Home/Ajax",
"fnServerParams": function (aoData) {
var date = getDate();
aoData.push({ "name": "myDate", "value": date });
},
//... there's more
}

updateDate();
[/code]

Script is put on the bottom of the page.

Thanks

Replies

• bobrockbobrock Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I tried with on the very bottom with
    [code]
    $('#dataTable').dataTable().fnDestroy();
    updateDate();
    [/code] but problem remains. I'm really stuck on this, any thoughts?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,051 Site admin
    Can you link us to a page showing the problem please? If you are getting that error, then it must be calling dataTable() on the table twice, which, as the error notes, is generally unexpected.

Allan
  • bobrockbobrock Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2012
    Hi allan, unfortunately I don't have a live link example. But I can explain in details what I'm trying to achive, and post detailed code, if that helps.

On page load on dom ready script is taking current datetime and send that value to the controller. Controller take that value and return json objects based on that passed date. This is fine.
    [code]
    "sAjaxSource": "/Home/Ajax",
    "fnServerParams": function (aoData) {
    var date = getDate();
    aoData.push({ "name": "myDate", "value": date });
    },
    [/code]

Now, when user select some other date and send that value again to the controller which return data back to the view problem occur with the message [quote]DataTables warning (table id = 'dataTable'): Cannot reinitialise DataTable. To retrieve the DataTables object for this table, pass no arguments or see the docs for bRetrieve and bDestroy[/quote]

I assume that I need to destroy current table before second table render call but I really not sure anymore. If this is the case please provide code example. Thanks for your time.

If you need more information please ask.
This discussion has been closed.