fnFilter doesn't work in 1.10

fnFilter doesn't work in 1.10

TronikTronik Posts: 120Questions: 27Answers: 1

Hi,

I have spent some hours trying to figure out why i cannot get fnFilter to work properly. I have a regular select with some options that I want to filter like:
$('#customers').change( function() {
oTable.fnFilter(this.value, 16);
});

But that won't work since updating to 1.10 and using the responsive plugin. It will search on multiple columns, but not like global search...just a few results. I think the column index gets mixed or something...
Its clear that its the updates that cause the problem because when I switch the jquery.dataTables.min.js to the older one it will work instantly.

Thank you.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,734Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

It should work just fine, as shown here: http://live.datatables.net/mefosuj/1/edit .

Please link to a test case showing the issue, as required in the forum rules, so we can offer some help.

Also, might be worth checking out the FAQs, particularly the second FAQ.

Allan

• TronikTronik Posts: 120Questions: 27Answers: 1

Hi Allan,

Thank for the reply.

I will try to make a test case....

Note that im using the new responsive plugin for Editor.

• TronikTronik Posts: 120Questions: 27Answers: 1
    edited July 2014

Hi again,

I have not been able to upload a test case on this, but I have now come to some conclusions:

• When I downgrade the jquery.dataTables.min.js, it all works, so its definately an issue with the new version. I have also tried with DataTables 1.10.2-dev, but no success.

• The problem is related to empty columns. I have found a "workaround" by telling DataTables to render blank columns as "&nbsp ;" instead.

• allanallan Posts: 61,734Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, to be able to help, I would need a test case showing the issue. As I noted above, I provided an example showing it working, so I would need to be able to reproduce the problem to be able to offer any help.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.