Editing multiple rows

Editing multiple rows

WakaruWakaru Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi,

is it possible to edit multiple rows at the same, like adding the given value to all selected rows at once? I Couldn't find an example anywhere, and would appreciate much to have one.

Thank you!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,734Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Currently no, I'm sorry to say that this is not yet possible with Editor. It it is an individual row based Editor. I do plan on introducing multiple row editing in future - hopefully later this year.

Allan

• remiegoremiego Posts: 19Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan, don't know if you'll see this post but I've just asked a very similar question (I'm guessing you're sick of answering this type of query). Can you intimate whether a future multi row editing solution would pervade across form, bubble and inline editing? I'm currently using jqWidget grid but while that's a good product, I'd rather adopt DT and this functionality is really essential before I can change.

edited September 2014

Can you intimate whether a future multi row editing solution would pervade across form, bubble and inline editing?

The plan is for it to do so yes. I'm currently working on other features for Editor at the moment and multi-row editing development has not started yet, so I can't say for certain, but that is certainly my plan.

edit Just thought a bit more about this - multi-row editing wouldn't be relevant for inline editing since it is editing a single data point at a time. So inline editing wouldn't have any bearing on multi-row editing.

Allan

• jboscherjboscher Posts: 17Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan, I have the same question. I understand that it's not possible yet to edit multiple rows but I guess that there is a way for us to develop it. Lets say I just want to change a field value for all the table on a button click. What is the simplest way to do it? Thx

Simply running an SQL statement would be the simplest way - just bypass Editor entirely if that is what you want to be able to do and use an UPDATE statement.

Allan

• jboscherjboscher Posts: 17Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited October 2014

Ok. I'll do it like that.
    But I wanted to know the steps : how to know the selected rows and how to refresh the table?

Thx

how to know the selected rows

Use the TableTools API - specifically fnGetSelected.

how to refresh the table?

Use the DataTables API - specifically ajax.reload() assuming you are using Ajax sourced data.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.