Can I make the stripes more visible in 1.10?

Can I make the stripes more visible in 1.10?

MWillisMWillis Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

I just upgraded to 1.10, and turned on stripes (by adding the class to the table). But the stripes are barely visible. On the older version of datatables the stripes were clearly visible. Is there an easy way to configure 1.10 to look like that?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

Edit, or override, the relevant CSS.

• MWillisMWillis Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

ok, I was hoping I was missing an easier solution

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

Out of interest, what would be an easier solution? The only other thing I can think of would be a class called stripe-bold (or similar) that you could add to the table.

Allan

I guess more like the older versions of datatables where the stripes were clearly visible (they used a light blue color, with darker blue for highlighted columns if I remember correctly).

On the new datatables I enabled stripes, and if they were there I couldn't even see them. The stripe class must be so light-colored that it barely has any contrast in comparison to the non-stripe class. Or maybe I did something completely wrong.

But manually finding the various classes that decide what the striped colors look like, and then overriding each of them wasn't as easy as the old system was. On the old system I didn't even have to think about stripe colors at all.

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

Fair enough - thanks for the feedback! I'll look at adding an option to the stylesheet builder to control the boldness of the row striping.

I have found that some monitors will wash out the new row striping, but anything bolder looks a bit rubbish (for lack of a more technical term!) on monitors that show them correctly.

Allan

Yea I agree, I suspect it's my monitors, I've noticed when I look at other monitors that certain colors are less washed out. I didn't try the stylesheet builder though maybe I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

• mRendermRender Posts: 151Questions: 26Answers: 13

I use dual monitors and I see a difference between my monitors. I usually have to move my browser back and forth to make sure it looks acceptable. I also check it based on different browsers to make sure there isn't too much of a difference (usually a little darker colors in firefox than chrome)

I think I should use the stylesheet builder more often anyway as it's a great way to style datatables.

This discussion has been closed.