Editor : Tab between columns

Editor : Tab between columns

tsakaltsakal Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hi Allan.

Begining from the example : http://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/tabControl.html Ihave made my own one : http://tsakal.net/dt/dbe/tameio.html.

But acting with Tab key from an edited field, the next active position is outside of data table.

Can you, please, check where is my mistake?

Regards

Evangelos

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,669Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Evangelos,

Thanks for the link. Could you try it without the serverSide option set to true please? I'm wondering if that is causing the issue. Also you shouldn't need server-side processing until your table has tens of thousands of rows.

Allan

• tsakaltsakal Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the solution.

I had the combination:
    / * "serverSide": true,
    "sServerMethod": "POST", * /
    and only the removal of the first part, the script hangs. By removing and the second part treat the dysfunction.

Regards

Evangelos

Hi Evangelos,

Good to hear that helped. I will look into making the tab script work with server-side processing.

Regards,
    Allan

• emvigilanceemvigilance Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited March 2015

Hi Allan!

In my case I have a lot of data so I have no choice but to use server-side processing. I'm really looking forward for this option to be supported. In the meantime, I think it would be a good idea to mention this limitation in the documentation. Because before reading this post, I didn't know it wasn't supported so I thought I was doing something wrong.

Emilie

edited March 2015

Agreed - I must admit, I had thought it was working so hopefully it won't take long to fix. I'll update here when I do.

Allan

Quick update - this will be resolved in Editor 1.4.1. See the discussion here for further information.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.