Classified Ad Admin System

Classified Ad Admin System

isport59isport59 Posts: 30Questions: 9Answers: 2

Good Day! I'm developing a classified ad admin system for a local company that I'm working for. I'm looking for a way to quickly edit, add and renew ads. Ideally, I was going to have a dialog box, enter the customers' phone number and filter their ads. The Ad Takers will be doing this repeatedly for each customer as they call in their ads. It must be a quick solutions because they get a lot of calls.

In a dialog form or table I was thinking about clicking through the ads with a next and previous button. However, I don't see an example of a dialog form with pagination. I'm looking for unique suggestions that will work with Editor. The backend admin will be database driven ,using php ajax/json and the front end will feed from auto generated xml or json files.

If you have done this sort of application please advise.

Thanks!
Mike

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

dialog form with pagination

Could you clarify what dialog please? Does it have a DataTable with paging inside it, or is this an Editor form dialog box? Either way, it should be quite possible :-)

Allan

• isport59isport59 Posts: 30Questions: 9Answers: 2

Thanks for your reply. I just thought that I'd post what I'm working on and maybe get some ideals.‎ I'm positively doing my project with DataTables.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. What I mean is a pop up form‎ or a table with an interface. Below is a link to screen caps of what I mean. It doesn't have to be exactly like my screen caps. I just need a way that I can click through the ads page by page with the ability to edit, delete and add a new records. I'm quite certain Editor can do the job. I'm just not certain on how to go about it yet.

http://192.81.170.116/bhscreens/

Mike

Answer ✓

Have you taken a look at this example - it is an editing for that you can do back / next on based on the data in a table.

beyond that, you might want to take a look at the Editor API reference which will all you to program its interactions as you need.

I should also point out that complex form layout like in many of the screenshots isn't currently possible in Editor. it is a fairly linear form that Editor presents.

Allan

No sorry, I did not see that examples. It's perfect. Thanks a mile

I would like to list my contacts in a table and when I select a contact and hit the view ads button that only the ads for the selected contacts show up in my form. I've been reading about the where clause but and I'm getting a little confused. I can do this with php but it defeats my purpose of the need of ajax to feed my mobile app.

How would I pass the "pid" variable from my list of contacts and query only the ads from the selected contact

Suggestions and links to examples in the forum that make sense would be greatly appreciated.

http://editor.uhmind.com/examples/api/backNext.html

Thanks
    Mike

Hi,

Have you had a read through of the Editor where condition documentation? That shows how WHERE statements can be used with the pre-built libraries.

To pass a variable to use in the WHERE condition, you could use the ajax.data option.

Allan

I have tried the where clause. Works fine to load data tables but I'm wondering if I can query the ads for a selected customer and load their ads in a form with a previous/next form. Is this possible? or can I have 2 table one with the clients and the other with their ads. Them when I click a client the ads in the other table refreshes with the selected client ads. Would this be possible?

Answer ✓

You would need two tables - and have the second one based on the selection in the first. That would be perfectly fine.

Allan

Here is the page I'm working on:
    http://192.81.170.116/dealers.html

I have the click event and the table init but I'm stuck from there. On my click event I'm not getting the data info.

Can you have a look?

Here is the little bit of code I have so far. Maybe you can help from there

var table = $('#cars').DataTable();
        $('#dealerships').on( 'click', 'tr', function () {
            alert('data: ' + table.row( this ).data() );
        } );

edited April 2015

table refers to the #cars table, but the event listener has been added to the #dealerships table... Hence the problem :-).

var table = $('#dealerships').DataTable();
    $('#dealerships').on( 'click', 'tr', function () {
        console.log('data: ' + table.row( this ).data() );
    } );

oh - and use console.log rather than alert since then you can inspect the source array / object.

Allan

I now have 2 tables. One for the dealers and the other for the dealers' ads. Any ideal on how I can get the value of the selected dealer when I create a new ad? Something I didn't take in consideration. Help with this would be greatly appreciated. I do not want a select list of dealers. I'm building this with the classified ads section in mind where after filtering and selecting a customer I can create new ads .... There will be thousands of customers with multiple ads. Let me know if you don't understand my scenario. I will put together the page for you better understand. The actual magazine has 3 sections. Car section, Real Estate section and of course the regular classified ads.

Mike

Any ideal on how I can get the value of the selected dealer when I create a new ad?

Use the row().data() method on the dealer table to get the data for a row. If the row is being selected with a class you can use that in the row selector.

Allan

I used the row(),data() method. I get the value of it when the record exists but I don't get a field value when creating a new record. It should work because I pass the value to the label lol

{
         label: did,
         name: "CarAds.DealerID",
         data: function () { return did; }
    }

Here is the link to my JS file:
    http://192.81.170.116/js/table.dealerships.js

Mike

Answer ✓

I would suggest using def rather than data as that is quite a complex option when using it in Editor as a function (you need to handle both getter and setter operations).

So you might have:

{
         label: did,
         name: "CarAds.DealerID",
         def: did
    }

You might also want to make that field hidden using type: 'hidden'.

Allan

Thanks that did the trick. I will try to remember this

• rooseanistonnrooseanistonn Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hello, every one datatables forums team
    Yes, i think data method through work easy and this link are help in the dialog form with pagination-------------
    [url=http://www.visioncares.tk]stye [/url].

This discussion has been closed.