32 bit IE9, 64 bit Windows 7 creashes when opening tabletools

32 bit IE9, 64 bit Windows 7 creashes when opening tabletools

MatriouxMatrioux Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2012 in TableTools
Hey,

I saw a discussion about this in General, but with no resolution. For me (and at least one other) when using IE9, the browser crashes when clicking csv,xls, or pdf buttons, even on the samples here on the DataTables website. The error I get is a pop-up window that says Internet Explorer has stopped working.

I'm using the 32 bit IE9 on 64 bit windows 7. If I use the 64 bit IE, TableTools works fine. The 32 bit browser is the default however. Can anyone duplicate or explain the issue? My guess would be a flash issue with 32 bit browser and 64 bit OS, however my 32 bit Firefox works fine.

If you get the error, is it with a 32bit IE9 and 64 bit windows, or are there other IE9 combinations that it happens with?

Replies

• pwinantpwinant Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I'm seeing the exact same thing. 64-bit Windows 7 with 32-bit IE9.
  • MrMarkMrMark Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am having the same exact issue. Has anyone heard of a solution yet?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,436Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit Flash? What happens if you load a web-site other than one with TableTools which also uses Flash? Is your Flash vernon 100% up-to-date?

As Matrioux suggests, I very strongly suspect that this is a Flash issue, and not a problem with TableTools' itself.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.