Enhancement request is to gain compatibility with the theming system added in UI 1.7

Enhancement request is to gain compatibility with the theming system added in UI 1.7

tedted Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2009 in Bug reports
An enhancement request is to gain compatibility with the theming system added in UI 1.7.

(I am using jQuery 1.3.2, UI 1.7 and dataTable 1.5 beta 5)

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    Hi Ted,

Sounds quite odd. Do you have a link you could give us which shows this problem? It certainly should work...

Thanks,
    Allan
  • tedted Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I don't have a link unfortunately, as I am just prototyping an internal project. Just was viewing the generated html code, and realized that it is probably relevant to state that I am loading the tabs lazily via Ajax thus using the livequery plugin.

I also notice that due to the way I am loading tables ad-hoc this way, I've ended up with some id attributes that are no longer unique to the DOM. That's probably causing much of the problem.

Thanks,

Ted
  • tedted Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    My bad. I did have an id naming collision that caused serious problems. Cleaned up and the datatables do work across multiple tabs.

I edited the original post to remove the erroneous bug report, and just state the UI related enhancement request.

Thanks,

Ted
    Hi Ted,

Good to hear you got it sorted. With regard to your enhancement request, I haven't looked to much at the theming abilities of jQuery UI 1.7 yet, but I will do so hopefully in the near future and if it doesn't put to much overhead or library dependence into DataTables then I'll look at including support.

Regards,
    Allan
  • RobRob Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited June 2009
    Hi Allan,

I'm just adding my 2 cents and letting you know that jQuery UI theming support would be a helpful option. Here's an example of a table plug-in updated by a user to use aspects of UI theming: http://tablesorter.openwerk.de/. Have a nice day.

Thanks, Rob
  • yanickyanick Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    The version 1.7.6 does not work with JQuery UI 1.8.12; the sortable headers do not receive click events and the sort icon (order) is wrapped unto a new line.

No other problem so far. Great widget!
    This is an old thread :-). The wrapping issue will almost certainly be due to the fact that you might want to add float:right or similar to the sorting icon element, like the examples I've got (this is not part of jQuery UI). As for the click events not being picked up - I don't understand why that would be - if you can link us to your example please, I'll take a look.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.