Keytable plugin and pagination of dataTables

Keytable plugin and pagination of dataTables

dvilaverdedvilaverde Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2009 in General
I have a dataTable with 30 rows, but only 25 are visible at a time. With the keyTable plugin if I select the last row in the visible dataset and then press the down arrow, the next 5 rows are loaded into the view. This is all as expected, but if I create the dataTable with "sPaginationType": "full_numbers", and repeat the above, it won't automatically move to the next 5 rows in the table. What am I doing wrong?

Dave

Replies

• dvilaverdedvilaverde Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    As a follow up, doing the above with "sPaginationType": "full_numbers" seems to lock up the browser and eventually firefox will give me a popup saying the script is taking to long to execute and asking if I want to terminate it.

Dave
  • allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    Hi Dave,

Good spot! That was most definitely a bug in KeyTable's handling of paging in DataTables - in fact when looking at that particular piece of code, it was really quite flawed, and would never have worked with anything but two buttons pagination.

I've been planning to make a number of changes to KeyTable recently, so this was a good prompt to get around to it (thank you!). I've just released v1.1.0 ( http://sprymedia.co.uk/software/KeyTable/KeyTable.zip ) which includes a fix for the issue that you were having, and a couple of other goodies.

Regards,
    Allan
  • dvilaverdedvilaverde Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks Allan,

I'll test it out ASAP. Thanks for this plugin too.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.