Is there a tutorial on using JQuery DataTable with MVC3?

Is there a tutorial on using JQuery DataTable with MVC3?

CloudyKoperCloudyKoper Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2012 in Editor
I'm fairly new and I've found general tutorials but nothing detailed enough for a beginner. I have a table in Mvc and would like to convert it into a datatable. Please help.

Thanks

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    This series of articles by Jovan Popovic might be of some use: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/189621/Creating-an-expandable-master-details-table-jQuery ?
  • CloudyKoperCloudyKoper Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    My datable works fine in all my other views... Just not in the view that has these hidden fields. I've read the article you suggested but didn't see anything related to hidden fields. Any ideas about why the hidden fields may be affecting causing it to crash. The datepicker works but not the datable?
    By crash do you make crashing the browser, the server-side script or something else? I'm afraid I don't know off hand what would be wrong with that.

For the upcoming Editor 1.3 release we are looking at creating a C# server-side implementation for Editor, most likely with an ASP.NET MVC wrapper around it. The expected release date is about two months from now.

Allan
  • CloudyKoperCloudyKoper Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I put the hidden fields in an existing tags. That worked but now the search field does not do a filter. I also added a column filter that works nicely with the other vireos but not this one. I'll try stripping the view of all code but the table and start from there.
  • dduroseddurose Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Allan,

Any update on creating a C# server-side implementation for Editor (w/ an ASP.NET MVC wrapper around it)?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

Not yet I'm afraid - various other projects have come up which have shunted the new development work on Editor back. Expecting it now to be in parallel with DataTables 1.10, which should see a beta in February.

Allan
  • dduroseddurose Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Allan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to seeing a C# MVC implementation in the near future. I haven't found a great option for editing data within a grid for ASP.NET MVC so I'm curious to see what DataTables Editor plug-in can provide.

Dave
  • esteed4fundingesteed4funding Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited April 2013
    I'm looking for a C# MVC server side to work with editor. Did this ever happen, or get canned?
    Not canned, just slipped along with DataTables 1.10 unfortunately. It is still very much planned, but now more likely to be June (possibly it might slip again as all development effort is currently on DataTables 1.10, but hopefully not!).

Allan
This discussion has been closed.