Problems tabbing through a dialog containing a datable

Problems tabbing through a dialog containing a datable

gdwolgastgdwolgast Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2012 in DataTables 1.8
I have a web page that has a datatable (table 1). That same page also has a jquery dialog. That dialog contains another datatable (table 2). When the datatable (table 2) that is contained within the dialog is shown, it I am tabbing through it backwards from the table rows to the search box and then the "show Entries" menu, after it passes the "show Entries" menu it then tabs into the web page behind the dialog to the focusable element that is prior to the "Show Entries" menu on the datatable (table 1) on the main page (not the dialog). It seems that it it is confusing the "show entries" menu on the dialog this the same element on the main page. This happens in Firefox and IE 8. How can I fix that?

Replies

• go2lightspeedgo2lightspeed Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    This happened to me where the tabbing would pass right out of the dialog box. My problem was that I was resetting the tab order on document ready using javascript. I was unknowingly setting the tab order on everything including the dialog boxes. I removed that code and replaced with implicit tab order and it fixed it. HTH
This discussion has been closed.