Editor implementing custom display controller

Editor implementing custom display controller

kstampskstamps Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2012 in Editor
After reading the display controller tutorial (http://editor.datatables.net/tutorials/display_controllers) I have a few fundamental questions. I'm sure this is simple, but not for me I am just now getting my feet wet in jquery/javascript.

My specific question is in regards to this line

[code]
table.fnOpen( dte.s.editRow, append, 'DTE_EditorDetails' );
[/code]

Where is the html markup for the edit row coming from, and how do I edit this? I would like to get a nice edit row going instead of lightbox or envelope.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    Hi,

Good questions - display controllers are a fairly advanced type of plug-in for Editor :-). The HTML that Editor generates for the form is in the 'append' parameter there (specifically it is passed into the display controller's "open" method as the second parameter. This is a DOM element with the form in it. The idea of the display controller is that it can then put this form into another element which the controller will display in its own manner.

> I would like to get a nice edit row going instead of lightbox or envelope.

Do you mean an inline form, effectively replacing the content of the current row? To do that, I think the display controller would need to effectively position the form over the row to be edited and resize the elements in the form to make them look like part of the table. It is actually something I've been thinking about for a little while and I hope to be able to put a tutorial together in the not too distant future. Also, Editor 1.2 will include support for renders which will provide much more control over the HTML that is generated by Editor for the forms.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.