IE7 Error

IE7 Error

ddp5324ddp5324 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2012 in Editor
Working through your "examples" page using Internet Explorer 7, I received a scripting error when attempting to create a new entry without filling in any of the fields. The resulting "Object doesn't support this property or method" error on line 297 can be recreated by using http://editor.datatables.net/release/DataTables/extras/Editor/examples/index.html, clicking New, then clicking Create.

I see the errant code and can splice in a workaround, but thought you folks might like to do that yourselves. Nice product otherwise.

Thoughts on the above would be appreciated.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin
    Thanks very much for flagging this up. Editor 1.1 is going to go through its QA sequence tomorrow, so I'll be sure that this is thoroughly checked and fixed in 1.1.

Regards,
    Allan
  • allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin
    I've just been checking this out and it is actually a hiccup in the examples rather than Editor core - the XRegExp library (1.5.0) that is used for the syntax highlighting of the JSON return in the Editor examples has a bug with IE6/7. I sent a patch in for that issue a while back and v1.5.1 of the library addresses this issue.

I've just pushed this up to the Editor site and the issue is resolved :-)

Thanks again,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.