Datatables Editor download .zip file corrupt

Datatables Editor download .zip file corrupt

lgmahallgmahal Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2012 in Editor
I downloaded the Editor-1.0.0-Trial.zip file multiple times, multiple ways. However, when I try to then open the file I received error: "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin
    Hi lgmahal,

Sorry for the inconvenience with this. There was an issue with the server and older versions of IE whereby the server was trying to gzip the already zipped archive. While other browsers cope okay with this, older IE versions don't like it! I've just corrected this problem and you'll be able to download the Editor trial now. Hope you enjoy it!

Allan
  • telnartelnar Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am having the same issue with Safari. Please help
    @telnar - I'm afraid that I am not able to replicate that issue. Which version of Safari and platform are you using? Do any other browsers work for you?

Allan
  • telnartelnar Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan,

I am using safari Version 5.1.7. I tried downloading using Mozila firefox but still unable to download.
    I must confess that I'm at a little bit of a loss as to why that would be. Could you possibly send me the zip file that you do get when you try to download the Editor trial ( allan.jardine -.- sprymedia.co.uk )? That might yield a clue.

Are you using a download software outside the browser (i.e. not the internal downloader in the browser)?

Allan
    @telnar - I do apologise - I had made a mistake in the last deploy. The trail download has been corrected and should work now.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.