Fixed Column Scroll Width

Fixed Column Scroll Width

todtod Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2012 in Bug reports
Hi basically using this example as my guide:

http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/FixedColumns/scale_relative.html

The config in my app:

var config = {};
config.bFilter = true;
config.bPaginate = false;
config.sDom = 't';
config.sScrollX = '500px';
config.sScrollXInner = '1200px';

My assumption is that sScrollX will be the scroll view port and that scrollXInner will be the scrolling region allotted to render the unfixed columns.

What is happening instead is that sScrollXInner is being rendered off the screen, as if sScrollX was the same. Inspecting the css,
dataTables_scroll and dataTables_scroll are not being set to 500px but some large number that I have not specified. If I set them manually with jquery, the table behaves as I expect.

Im working in a large site so Im not able to post a Jsfiddle that would replicate the environment. I will try to track possible css issues, but in the mean time, does anyone know any additional measures( javascript or otherwise) to enforce the scrollx / scroll port ?

Thanks in advance,
Tod

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin
    Do you need sScrollXInner? It is usually best if removed (my example needs it to force the scrolling to occur, since without it there would be no need for scrolling).

But beyond that, I am afraid you are correct, I'd need to see a test case to be able to offer any help.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.