IE8 Script87: Invalid argument

IE8 Script87: Invalid argument

fearednerdfearednerd Posts: 44Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2012 in Bug reports
My table works fine for ie9, firefox and chrome , but ie8 keeps throwing me this error

SCRIPT87: Invalid argument.
jquery.dataTables.min.js?1344609740, line 2592 character 6

oSettings.aoColumns[i].nTh.style.width = _fnStringToCss( oSettings.aoColumns[i].sWidth );

I was assuming that it was trying to accept something different for the widths, but when I step through it everything looks fine.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin
    Can you link use to a case case so we can reproduce this please?

Allan
  • allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin
    Oh - and you aren't using jQuery 1.8 with jQueryUI are you? Apparently if so you need to update jQuery UI to 1.8.22. That sounds possibly related: http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/11272/uncaught-typeerror-object-object-object-has-no-method-039charcodeat039#Item_17 ?

Allan
  • fearednerdfearednerd Posts: 44Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am not entirely sure if jQuery UI is the problem. I was able to pinpoint the problem where IE8 is reading one of my column widths as "45x" instead of "45px".. It only happens in IE8
    I wish I could show a test case but the only thing I have up online has confidential information on it.

Where it breaks on

oSettings.aoColumns[i].nTh.style.width = _fnStringToCss( oSettings.aoColumns[i].sWidth );

it calls on the 17th column and for some reason, oSettings.aoColumns[17].sWidth is "45x", even though in the html and the js it is set to "45px"
    My apologizes it seems that someone accidentally removed the p from px in one of the columns... Not sure why it was allowed in all the other browsers than IE8
This discussion has been closed.