Rich text editor in text area

Rich text editor in text area

SofSof Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2012 in Editor
Hi,
I've tried to include CKeditor in the editor plug in when editing a form with the "fnDrawCallback" and "onInitComplete" method but i feel it's not the rigth way to do.

[code]
editor = new $.fn.dataTable.Editor ( {
"onInitComplete" : function () {
$( '#DTE_Field_contenu' ).ckeditor();
}
});
[/code]

[code]
$('#example').dataTable( {
"fnDrawCallback" : function () {

$( '#DTE_Field_contenu' ).ckeditor();

}
});
[/code]

thx for help.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi Sof,

Yes indeed this is possible - it can be done as a field type plug-in for Editor. I've been working on that and a markdown plug-in recently and will be able to release them soon.

Can you confirm for me which DataTables account your Editor license is being used under. I see your own trial version expired almost a month ago, and if you can let me know which account you are using Editor under I'll update our records.

Thanks,
    Allan
  • SofSof Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I still use your magnificent script for my personnal purposes. But I tried the whole Datatable and this plug-in including the Editor for a professionnal project still in testing. It is obvious that we will acquire a licence if it fits our needs.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    > I still use your magnificent script for my personnal purposes

Thanks for kind words, but I'm afraid that personal use still requires a license for Editor. Unlike DataTables, Editor is not open source software.

If you find Editor useful and would like to continue using it, a license is required - but the good news is that the download package for the fully licensed version of Editor has free updates for 1.x, online and offline documentation, the PHP Join class and various other items not in the trial package. Plus you'll be supporting continued development of the whole DataTables project.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.