Horizontal scroll issue IE9

Horizontal scroll issue IE9

FlaterFlater Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2012 in DataTables 1.8
I have an issue with the horizontal scrolling in IE9. The content overflow-x is not being hidden, it just expands beyond where the table stops. No horizontal scroll bar is present on the DataTable. the content is about 150% the width of my screen so there isn't really a way to stop using horizontal scrolling b/c of the screen space requirements.

Debug information: http://debug.datatables.net/uzugid
Picture of the issue: http://i49.tinypic.com/fodix3.png
(Keep in mind, the red/orange you see is not supposed to be part of the page. I added that color to show you how much 'extra' space the table is taking up (no other element expands this far)

Summary of the table: It has a fixed left column, it scrolls both horizontally and vertically (well, it should). The vertical scroll is working perfectly, but the horizontal one isn't.
The issue still occurs if I disable the fixed column, ditto for disabling vertical scrolling.

The issue only occurs in IE9. When I run IE9 in compatibility mode, everything works as planned. Chrome, FF, Opera, Safari all work OK.

Replies

• FlaterFlater Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    If anyone can give me an explanation why this particular issue occurs (a general description like 'never put inline styling on cells of a datatable' etc), I would be able to troubleshoot the issue. I currently have no idea what is happening.

I did notice the following: If I open the page in Internet Explorer 9 (and have the issue), then save the document, and open the saved document in another browser (doesn't matter which), the error always occurs.

So it seems to me that Datatables is doing something wrongs while creating the HTML content for IE9, because the final output results in errors for all browsers, not just IE9.
  • FlaterFlater Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    This can be closed, the issue was being caused due to a CSS max-width setting on the table. IE9 can't handle that correctly apparently.
This discussion has been closed.