Column Filters plugin not working with aaData dynamic data population

Column Filters plugin not working with aaData dynamic data population

KA2012KA2012 Posts: 16Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2012 in DataTables 1.8
Hello,

I have a question that is related to the Jquery Datatables column-filter plugin (version 1.5.0), but after getting no response from posting on that forum, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have a problem related to Issue 34 on that forum: http://code.google.com/p/jquery-datatables-column-filter/issues/detail?id=34&can=1

I am trying to use the "select" and "checkbox" dropdown filters, but if I don't provide any "values" in the parameter, the dropdown values aren't being auto-populated. I'm using "aaData" javascript array to put data into my table. It starts out blank initially, "aaData":[ ] , and then after the table is initialized, I do fnAddData later. I understand that probably the reason is that since my table is initially empty for a second, the values aren't being "detected", but the only solutions/workarounds I found on the column-filter forums were for people using sAjaxSource, so that it'll be forced to detect values on the 2nd redraw of the table. I'm not using this. I tried playing around with the plugin javascript to change it, but have had no success. Please help!!
This discussion has been closed.