Events-ConfimClose takes 5 clicks to close when using tabs

Events-ConfimClose takes 5 clicks to close when using tabs

craycray Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in Editor
I'm using the current version of Editor and I have coupled that with the tableTools Tabs example where I now have 5 tabs present. All is working fine with my database. When I copy the events portions of the confirm close example over and use it, it works however, it takes 5 clicks of the buttons to close out, 2 to close the form and 3 more to close the confirming window. If I reduce the number of tabs to 4 then it takes 4 clicks to close out. Initially I thought it was because I used the name editor in each of my instances, so I created a new name for each instance and events of the tabs but it still didn't change the behavior. If I only use the events in 1 or all 5 tabs, it still takes 5 clicks to close. Thanks for your help.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    > When I copy the events portions of the confirm close example over and use it

I'm probably being really daft, but which example is that? Can you link me to it please, just so I can be certain I'm singing from the same sheet! If you could post a link to your page that would be very helpful as well and allow me to debug the issue a lot quicker.

Allan
  • craycray Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I used the code in the example under extras/Editor-1.2.1/examples/events_confirmClose.html. My program uses the technique from the extras/tabletools/tabs.html. I have 5 tabs in my program and it takes 5 clicks to confirm the close action or 4 clicks if I have 4 tabs. Unfortunately, I am in New Jersey with limited internet access at this time due to the hurricane damage.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi cray,

Thanks for the update - I had clean forgotten about that example and embarrassingly it isn't linked from the other examples (which I'll fix!).

This unfortunately is a bug in Editor. The problem was when multiple instances of Editor were used, the display controllers were both attaching multiple events (one for each instance) rather than just using events for the instance that was being worked with. This would result in display events (such as close) being fired multiple times - hence the problem you were seeing.

I've implemented a fix and it will be included in Editor 1.2.3. Can I ping you a copy of the development version of Editor 1.2.3 at the e-mail address your DataTables account is registered with, or PM me a different address if you prefer?

Regards,
    Allan
  • craycray Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    The register email address is fine. Thanks a lot.
This discussion has been closed.