jQuery UI TH Border Issue

jQuery UI TH Border Issue

jasminejasmine Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in Bug reports
This isn't a DataTables bug but I wanted to include it incase anyone else runs into issues from it. This only occurs with bjQueryUI enabled. I discovered it because a sliver of background color was peeking through the right border of the table.

It ends up that jQ UI has a border style for all around. This goes on each TH, making the rightmost one stick out too far from the rest of the table. A simple fix is to add a [code]border-right: 0[/code] style on your [code].dataTable thead th[/code] elements. This fixes the outcrop, and does not affect the visual layout, as the full-around border on the left side "fills in" the now missing right border on each th element. It's not the cleanest fix but it does the job and I don't see the [code].ui-state-default, .ui-widget-content .ui-state-default, .ui-widget-header .ui-state-default[/code] class rules changing anytime soon.

Hope this helps someone! (and I hope this is in the right section?)

If you have any better solutions, or its because my ThemeRoller style is out of date, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks,
Jasmine
This discussion has been closed.