Form in two columns

Form in two columns

nskwortsownskwortsow Posts: 120Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in Editor
Hi,
I have a long form with 10+ fields. Currently, it scrolls inside the modal.
How can I break the form into two columns (label+field|label+field)?
Note: I am using Bootstrap.
Thanks,
Nathan

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Modify the CSS using the principle shown here: http://editor.datatables.net/release/DataTables/extras/Editor/examples/stackedInputs.html . You just need to float the elements left with 50% width.

Allan
  • nskwortsownskwortsow Posts: 120Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Works great, thanks.

Can I pass a custom parameter somewhere in editor as a classname?

I want to assign a certain class to the Bootstrap modal for certain inputs (a conditional in line 65 in xxx.bootstrap.js).

Some forms are very short, and it doesn't make sense to arrange the form horizontally.

Thanks,
    Nathan
    > Can I pass a custom parameter somewhere in editor as a classname?

Yes - using `className` : http://editor.datatables.net/docs/current/Editor.models.field.html#className

Allan
    Thanks, and how can I access the [code]className[/code] variable from within dataTables.editor.bootstrap.js (I imagine around line 60)?
    I don't really understand what you are trying to do. `className` will add a class to the wrapper for the field. That doesn't have anything to do with the display controller (the fields are simply put inside the display controller).

If you want a custom class on the display controller, then yet, the bootstrap integration file would need to be altered.
    Indeed, the display controller (the modal which is triggered) should have a custom class name, based on a parameter that is passed when triggering the modal. Do you have a parameter which I can use for this?
    Currently no - you'd need to make a small modification to the display controller to add that ability. Good suggestion for future enhancement though. Noted :-)

Allan
    OK, I did a workaround (looking at fields.length)
This discussion has been closed.