Editor - Real time pushing

Editor - Real time pushing

agustin_garciaromeroagustin_garciaromero Posts: 42Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in Editor
Hello,
I was looking into the forum for a thread on how to enable -if possible- real time pushing on DataTables.

I'm using latest version of editor, but I was reported that when a user started editing a record on time 0, and the another user logged on Time 0+Delta, the record was available for him to edit. Also if User B changed some records, those updates were not perceived by User A, because he was holding still the 'old snapshot'.

Any guidance on where to look for?
thanks in advance

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    You'd need to implement WebSockets with realtime updating of the data in the table. In terms of DataTables, this is as simple as called fnUpdate on the cell with the new data - but you'd need to have the server-side infrastructure for communicating that kind of information over WebSockets, and of course some code on the client-side to work with the sockets.

Allan
  • GraemeMillerGraemeMiller Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Depending on your tech stack this may help. We are looking at similar issues and we will be using Knockout, SignalR and ASP.Net Web API to resolve them.

One link posting in the right direction http://etchsassertions.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/datatables-net-knockoutjs-mvc-signalr/

Basically need to use Server Side connection to recieve messages that a user is editing a row etc, then push a message to other clients and have them disabled that row for editng etc.

Client side can be handled by Knockout etc and SignalR can handle acting as a hub.
This discussion has been closed.