ColVis_Button acts as a submit button

ColVis_Button acts as a submit button

MuthuKumarinfoMuthuKumarinfo Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2012 in Bug reports
In ColVis 1.0.6dev, I've noticed that if 'Enter' is pressed in a textbox input control, AND there are no other submit buttons having positional priority over the ColVis_Button (based on the browser's definition of default submit button priority), then ColVis_Button's 'click' event is triggered, and handled here:
"_fnDomBaseButton": function(text) {
$(nButton).bind(sEvent, function(e) {
that._fnCollectionShow();
e.preventDefault();
});
}
so the ColVis checkbox list appears and the default submit action is cancelled. Obviously, having over-riding submit button(s) will circumvent this behavior, but I thought I'd mention it, in case you find it helpful.

Replies

• MuthuKumarinfoMuthuKumarinfo Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi allan Could you review it and let me Know
    Thanks,
    Muthu
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Sounds like it needs to preventDefault(). Would be useful if you could link to a test case please ( http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/12899/post-test-cases-when-asking-for-help-please-read ), and possibly a Git pull request? I'll try to look at it soon, but I'm a bit bogged down just now.

Allan
  • MuthuKumarinfoMuthuKumarinfo Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi allan,
    I am new to ColVis ,If i Hides a column using ColVis, and now i want to use the data of the hidden column from where i can read that data. Any ideas or methods regarding this
This discussion has been closed.