Keytables ignore cells?

Keytables ignore cells?

zanedevzanedev Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2013 in KeyTable
Hello I have a plain html table in a cell and I'm using Keytables. The problem is I just want to display the nested html table but keytables attaches to all the cells in the sub table as well so the arrow key moves it inside the inner table and causes other issues like you can't key down arrow on the main table once you are focused on the sub table. The coordinate system is messed up also because the table row may be larger than others and it appears to throw off the data calculations.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to have keytables ignore specified cells or only work on top level td's?
2) Can rows vary in height with data tables or do they all need to be the same height?

I looked at the source for keytables and it appears to attach to every td in the datatable data without an opportunity for discretion. Also I thought I read somewhere that rows need to be the same height for various purposes although it appears to render fine if a row is higher than another..

Anyway thought I'd check before I move on to a different way of representing the inner table data.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    > 1) Is it possible to have keytables ignore specified cells or only work on top level td's?

Currently no - you'd need to modify KeyTables to support this.

> 2) Can rows vary in height with data tables or do they all need to be the same height?

Rows can be of any height. Only the Scroller extra requires all rows to have the same height.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.