Save State and defer rendering causes blank rows

Save State and defer rendering causes blank rows

fearednerdfearednerd Posts: 44Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2013 in Bug reports
I have a table with infinite scroll , defer rendering and save state.

The bug is that once you scroll to the middle of the table and reload the page any rows before where you were are blank. Is there any way for the table to force rendering for the blank rows?

Replies

• fearednerdfearednerd Posts: 44Questions: 0Answers: 0
    so far all i can do for this bug is to tell people to use the search box filter. Basically typing anything in the search box then deleting the filter will bring the rows back. But this is obviously a short term solution.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    This unfortunately is one of the reasons why infinite scrolling is slowly being replaced with Scroller which I would strongly recommend you use in preference to infinite scrolling. Likely infinite scrolling will be removed in future versions of DataTables (although it will be possible to get the same effect using the API).

Sorry I can't offer a better solution - a change to infinite scrolling would take a huge amount of work, which is another reason I prefer to do it via the API in future, or better yet use Scroller.

Allan
    Thanks for the reply Allan, I will try to use scroller instead. Hopefully the conversion wouldn't be too hard
    Sorry for being mixed up, but apparently my table is using Scroller. It is currently Scroller 1.0.2. I will try to update to 1.1.0 and see if it fixes the problem.
    Scroller 1.1.0 fixes the problems, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.