upgrading from scroller 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 made scrolling data load slower

upgrading from scroller 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 made scrolling data load slower

fearednerdfearednerd Posts: 44Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2013 in Bug reports
I was having an issue with the save state and scroller 1.0.2 so I upgraded to scroller 1.1.0. This fixed my save state issue but has caused loading new rows when scrolling to be significantly slower. I did not change anything except the scroller,js file. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem as well?

Replies

• fearednerdfearednerd Posts: 44Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2013
    I changed back to 1.0.2 just to confirm my observations. The new rows loading is a lot faster than when i used 1.1.0

update: I also tried using the 1.1.1 nightly to see if it will help, it sped it up a little bit but not as fast as when I use 1.0.2
  • allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin
    Are you using Scroller with server-side processing, or client-side processing? There was a change to alter how many rows are buffered, so it is possible that has had an effect.

This is controlled by the displayBuffer option: http://datatables.net/docs/Scroller/1.1.0/Scroller.oDefaults.html#displayBuffer . The 1.0.x value was 3 (I think it was fixed at 3 if I recall correctly).

Allan
    I am using Scroller with client-side processing
    I will play around with the displaybuffer and see if I can adjust to the same amount of smoothness as before, thanks
This discussion has been closed.