$.browser removed from latest jQuery stable causing issues with DataTables

$.browser removed from latest jQuery stable causing issues with DataTables

StephenEllisStephenEllis Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2013 in Bug reports
All references to $.browser need to be replaced with whatever $.support equivalent makes sense in each situation to enabled DataTables to function correctly with the current jQuery stable (v1.9).

Issues include columns failing to align correctly, various sizing issues, "no data..." message not "colspan-ed", etc. due to JavaScript errors raised by the above.

Replies

• StephenEllisStephenEllis Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Also, server-side processing is broken as a result of this issue.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    DataTables 1.9.4 (the current release) does not use $.browser, and all plug-ins have had reference to $.browser removed in the latest development versions if not before. The nightly versions are available on the downloads page: http://datatables.net/download .

Allan
  • A_PresonA_Preson Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited March 2013
    First of all, I love this package. It's helped quite a bit in my development so far. ;)

[Edit: I just checked the individual pages for the nightly release of the extras files, and found 2.0.5, which does have the $.browser removed. So perhaps ignore this...]

Secondly, I'm also running into this $.browser issue with the FixedColumns extra. The latest release as of today from the main download link does still have a few instances of $.browser in the non-minified version of the FixedColumns.js file.

I'm pretty excited to start using this FixedColumns addition - as I had told a co-worker that I doubt such a thing exists for scrolling a DataTable like Excel in this regard. So imagine my surprise when in about 5 minutes of searching after returning to my desk, I found this extra. I was thinking to myself "Wow, Allan thought of this too. Impressive."
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Thank you for your kind words.

As far as I am aware, all of the nighties are currently fully compatible with jQuery 1.9. FixedColumns 2.5.0 is a major change and still needs a bit of work before it can be released, but it is stable.

Any feedback on how you find it (issues or otherwise) would help speed up the release.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.