Issues with pagination with server side datasource

Issues with pagination with server side datasource

sciamannikoosciamannikoo Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2013 in DataTables 1.9
Hello.

Using the examples provided, I've a table with a server side datasource.

Everything works fine: sorting, filtering and rows per page.
But paginations doesn't seem willing to work pagination controls are always disabled.
If I've set the plugin to use 'full_numbers' pagination type, I see only one page.

I can't provide a live example, but here is the jquery:

[code]
$adminTables.dataTable({
"bPaginate": true,
"sPaginationType": "full_numbers",
"aoColumns": [
{ "sClass": "center", "bSortable": false },
{ "sClass": "center", "bSortable": false },
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null
],
"bFilter": true,
"bInfo": false,
"bAutoWidth": true,
"bProcessing": true,
"bServerSide": true,
"sAjaxSource": "<?php app_root_full_url('lib/admin/server_auctions.php', isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) ? $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] : false);?>"
});
[/code]

And here the returned json:
[code]
{"sEcho":5,"iTotalRecords":"3390","iTotalDisplayRecords":10,"aaData":[["...","+++","ASanFranciscoHome.com","-","850","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","LosAngeles2Go.com","-","850","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","LosAngeles4You.com","-","850","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","4LosAngelesHomes.com","-","750","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","4LosAngelesRealEstate.com","-","750","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","ALosAngelesHome.com","-","750","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","MovingSanDiegoHomes.com","-","750","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","SanJose4You.com","-","750","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","4SanAntonio.com","-","575","-","-","TX","none","-","1","-"],["...","+++","OwnLosAngelesHomes.com","-","575","-","-","CA","none","-","1","-"]]}
[/code]

With Chrome's developer tools, in the network tab, I see that a call is mate to the server-side script on load and each time a sorting or a filter is done.
Pagination controls have the disabled class, as I've already written and clicking on them, of course, doesn't do anything (i.e. no calls to the server_auctions.php script).

Any hint?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    > "iTotalDisplayRecords":10

That's wrong.

From the documentation ( http://datatables.net/usage/server-side ):

> iTotalDisplayRecords - Total records, after filtering (i.e. the total number of records after filtering has been applied - not just the number of records being returned in this result set)

Allan
  • sciamannikoosciamannikoo Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I see. Thank you.

However, now I don't get the difference between iTotalRecords and iTotalDisplayRecords, as once I set both options to the same value, everything works fine.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    Its in the documentation :-)

> iTotalRecords - Total records, before filtering (i.e. the total number of records in the database)

> iTotalDisplayRecords - Total records, after filtering (i.e. the total number of records after filtering has been applied - not just the number of records being returned in this result set)

It's the "before" and "after" filtering that is the important part.

Allan
  • sciamannikoosciamannikoo Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yes, I've got that.

You gave for granted that I've misunderstood the meaning of this option and with your answer you've just added confusion.

Instead, I was using this option properly, but there was a mistake in the server side code, where I've forgotten to use "SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS" in the called query, getting a wrong value when querying FOUND_ROWS().

Anyway, problem solved.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.