sdom and JqueryUi incompatibility ?

sdom and JqueryUi incompatibility ?

thierry.chichthierry.chich Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2010 in Bug reports
Hello,

I want to say that I am totally astonished by the quality of the work you have done.

That say, I have work a little bit in order to obtain a new feature. I have it now,. However, I have found sp

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi Thierry,

Thanks for your kind words - glad you like DataTables :-)

There is a short cut for using adding the jQuery UI that DataTables uses by default (obviously you can custom them as you wish) by using the 'H' and 'F' characters in sDom: http://datatables.net/usage/options#sDom

For example something like:

[code]
    "sDom":'<"H"f<"ajout">>t<"F"ip>'
    [/code]
    Regards,
    Allan
  • thierry.chichthierry.chich Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks, Allan. This is great. I didn't have thought to look in this page. Thanks a lot.

About, my kind words, I say this after a long research for a plugin with 3 criterias: dom source, paginating and filtering. Your plugin do all of this, and do it very well. The plugins I have tested aren't that good.
    The only thing that is surprizing for me, is that your plugin is not so easy to find. I can't figure why.

Regards,
    Thierry
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi Thierry,

Good to hear that DataTables does everything you are looking for :-). If you have any suggestions on how to make DataTables more visible (for example how were you looking for it?) - I'm all ears!

Regards,
    Allan
  • thierry.chichthierry.chich Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

For instance, Datables is not on this page
    http://jquerylist.com/#tables_and_table_sorting

also, wiki.jqueryui.com is referencing datatables as an example, but do not say that jqueryui is already implemented.

And of course, since the jquery plugin list is merging really simple thing with professionnal-quality projects like yours, datatables is not visible. But I well see that you can't do anything about that. This list looks like the apple store for iphone apps. :-(

Regards,
    Thierry
This discussion has been closed.