Grouping of Editor fields in new / edit popup

Grouping of Editor fields in new / edit popup

matthewjmatthewj Posts: 39Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited June 2013 in Editor
Is it possible to group fields together and display in the popup? For instance, I have in my new user screen with three sections:
Section one
Basic Info
First Name:
Last Name:

Section two
Education
Highest Education:
University:

Section three
A/c info
User name:
Password:

The three sections should be in three column layout. How can I achieve this in the Editor's new / edit popup. I have seen examples with only single column layout where all fields are arranged below each other.

any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi,

The plan is to introduce field sets in a future version of Editor to be able to perform actions exactly like this - unfortunately the current version of Editor does not support field sets though. As such, the only way to achieve this is really by "faking it". What you could do is have a 'fake' field for the header of each section, making it look like it is broken into sections visually, but if you see the underlying code it is actually still linear.

There are a few ways of doing this:

1. Use the `readonly` field type and set the input element for that field type to display:none. You could also add a bit of top margin to the field type in CSS to give better separation.

2. Create a field type plug-in which will display the field with the markup you want ( tags for example).

Regards,
    Allan
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Along the lines of option 2, I'd actually forgotten I'd already created something along those lines! There is a display only plug-in for Editor available here: https://editor.datatables.net/fields/plugins

Regards,
    Allan
  • matthewjmatthewj Posts: 39Questions: 2Answers: 0
    Thank Allan, I will definitely give a try of the second option and let you know.
This discussion has been closed.