Scrolling - scrollingPagination.js OR scroller.js plugin ?

Scrolling - scrollingPagination.js OR scroller.js plugin ?

btBillbtBill Posts: 31Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2013 in Plug-ins
I'm using the datatables 1.10-dev version and trying to figure out how to stop the header from overwriting my custom styled header row that I created.

i see in the code that the version of scrolling I am using now:
'sScrollY' : '250px',
'bScrollInfinite' : true,
'bScrollCollapse' : true,

'bScrollInfinite' maps to 'bInfinite' and the comments there say this is deprecated.
/**
* Infinite scrolling enablement flag. Now deprecated in favour of
* using the Scroller plug-in.
* Note that this parameter will be set by the initialisation routine. To
* set a default use {@link DataTable.defaults}.
* @type boolean
*/

So I've tried:
'sScrollY' : '250px',
'bPaginate' : true,
'sPaginationType' : 'scroller',
And only getting 'pluging is undefined errors.
I have included it in the code, but it does not pick it up.
I've tried changing the 'sPaginationType' to 'scrolling', as I orginally saw in the documentation, but nothing is coming up.

What am I missing?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    If you want to use Scroller, don't set sPaginationType: 'scroller' - there is no such pagination type. Where did you see that int he documentation (so I can fix it)? Do something like this: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/Scroller/index.html .

Allan
  • btBillbtBill Posts: 31Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I will check on the 'scroller' setting, but I had also tried 'scrolling'
    Anyway, I tried to setup a fiddle; http://jsfiddle.net/BdHXh/

Another issue is that when I try to include the datatables.scroller.js file, I get the error 'Scroller requires 1.9.0 ...' I'm using the 1.10-dev version and there seems to be a number of things deprecated.

When I try 1.9.4, everything locks up and the script never completes.

I'm not currently using sDom and when I use: "sDom": "frtiS", the table looses it's footer, he search shows back up and the pagination (continus scrolling) doesnt work. Also, when using the 'S' it shows up as the 'two-button' pagination by default it seems.

I have to be missing something.
    Well firstly you need to use sDom to add Scroller since that `S` in the above sDom means 'Scroller'. Secondly about the 1.9.0+ error, are you using the development version of Scroller as well as the dev version of DataTables?

Allan
    OK, I'm using the dev version of scroller, error is gone about the DT 1.9 version, but now getting:

'this.s.dt.oApi._fnCalculateEnd is not a function'

I added the
    #history table#invoices tbody > tr > td {
    white-space: nowrap;
    }
    to my CSS and it ends correctly with the last row.

Also, it says in the footer: 'Showing 1 thru 9 of 100' even though only 6 are showing.

And finally, using the 'sDom' I loose my custom footer styling I had.
    I need to retain my custom footer styling as well as the custom header styling I have lost.

Thanks for the follow ups.
    edited July 2013
    OK, getting closer....

I am using "sDom": '<"H">rtS<"F"i>', (because I finally noticed the 'if you're using jQueryUI' part...)
    and I have my footer back.

BUT...

The rows now roll past the nd of the table allowing the scroller to continue and the table empties.

Now... if i can turn off the custom headers that scrolling is making, I think I would be in business (once the 'this.s.dt.oApi._fnCalculateEnd is not a function' error goes away)
    > this.s.dt.oApi._fnCalculateEnd

That's likely don't to breaking the whole draw process. Have you tried picking up Scroller from git? That error should be fix as I committed a change for it a few weeks back: https://github.com/DataTables/Scroller/commits/master

Allan
    Ok, that error is gone now, thanks.

Issues that remain:

- Total of records showing is off.. When the table shows 6 it says 11, and when I scroll through them all, it says 206 of 114

- Custom header gone. (I'm thinking from the above response, that you meant that this is gone due to header redraw for scroller bar, but is there a way to not have it redraw?)

Thanks again.
    Can you link me to the page showing the problem please?

Also, are all rows the same height? That is a requirement of Scroller.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.