problems implementing Fixed Header with horizontal scroll

problems implementing Fixed Header with horizontal scroll

lastwishlastwish Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2013 in FixedHeader
Hey,
2 things before i begin,
1. sorry for my french.
2. Excellent plugin , I'm in love with it.

Firstable, im using jQuery UI 1.10.3, latest jQuery, and dataTables 1.9.4

So the problem is that, im declaring DataTable in several places in my web but im keeping it good, i always destroy before I recreate.
I'm inserting my columns dynamically and so the data, every time I insert something I destroy the table.
im trying to use Fixed Header but with a potentially horizontal scroll in addition to the vertical one.
im getting error in _fnApplyToChildren function when 'i' exceeds the limit and want to pick an1[1] when length of an1.length is 1. ( it really start from 0..) . I was wondering how it happens at all.
any way, i would like to keep the discussion open until I finally manage to make this table work as I wanted it to be.
so far, this is my problem. no idea how it happens.
p.s
Ive seen history discussions about jQuery UI and this is why im using the latest one.
copied exactly what others tried in table options.

my options looks like :
[code]
"sScrollY": "300px",
"sScrollX": "100%",
"sScrollXInner": "150%",
"bPaginate": false,
"bSort" : false,
"bDestroy" : true
[/code]

Thanks alot.

Replies

• lastwishlastwish Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited July 2013
    ok, i just replaced iLen with an1.length and it worked,
    next error : "FixedHeader 2 i not supported ...." , i saw a post from Novermber 2012 that its not implemented, is it now? is there a way to work around?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    No - it isn't. FixedHeader is not supported with scrolling. The reason or that is that y-scrolling and FixedHeader are both effectively trying to solve the same problem.

However, given that this has been requested a number of times, it is something I will look at adding as a feature in future (sometime after 1.10 has been released).

Allan
  • lastwishlastwish Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hey Allan,
    Thank you so much for replying, I actually saw people doing a work around and trying to control it.
    any ideas of how doing so? like with specific options and so.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    No - I'm not aware of anyone having gotten FixedHeader to work with scrolling. As the warning says, it currently is not supported.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.