Server Side - return whole row as TR html

Server Side - return whole row as TR html

josefsabljosefsabl Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2013 in Feature requests
Hi, it would be very userful to have an option to return whole generated row (as HTML) when using server side serving of data. My table has TDs as well as THs and different columns have different classes. I am unable to mimick this when I download data using ajax.

Or is there such a feature and I am just missing it?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    No that's not possible and not something that is not likely to be added directly to DataTables at the moment. You'd need to extract the data from the HTML string in a JSON format that DataTables understands. Sorry.

Allan
  • josefsabljosefsabl Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Ok, I understand this request is a bit over the top. But what about this stuff?

http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/6533/html-template-for-table-row#Item_9

It solves the problem, seems to be systematic and quite frankly: DataTables is incomplete without it.

Or suggest different solution.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Yes, a row template absolutely is something I want to do. To be equally frank, I feel that there are a lot of things that DataTables is incomplete without, which I've not yet had the time to be able to implement as open source software. There are a lot of thing on my to-do list, with v1.10 the highest priority.

After that is done, I will be looking at how the templating can be done.

Allan
  • josefsabljosefsabl Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Nice to hear that. DataTables is pretty solid stuff, thanks for that.
This discussion has been closed.