Tabletools Export CSV and Excel

Tabletools Export CSV and Excel

svituccisvitucci Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2013 in TableTools
Tabletools Export CSV and excel: long numbers are not formatted as numbers but as "general"
1234567890112 is exported as 1.23457E+12

This is how I have it formatted in code

"aoColumns": [

/* Cir/Medical Record */ { "sSortDataType": "dom-text", "sType": "numeric"},

/* Cir/Medical Record */ { "sSortDataType": "dom-text", "sType": "numeric"},

Thank you
su

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    This is noted in a number of other threads - there is no formatting of the data exported by Tableztools - what you are seeing is the default Excel formatting for the imported data. You'd need to use a more complete program to export the data if you want control over the formatting - probably a server side script.

Allan
  • svituccisvitucci Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I understand .....
    Thank you
  • manujain16manujain16 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    how to add msg similar to sPdfMessage On the click of excel/cvs button of tooltable? basically i want to add some data on the top of the datatable data on the click of excel/cvc button of tooltable, please give some idea or code
    There is no option for that at the moment. You would need to modify the TableTools code.

Allan
  • manujain16manujain16 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2014
    Could you please provide some sample code on how to go about it or which function of table tool need to be modified to achieve this feature so that i can append my data on the top of the tabletool data before exporting it to excel
    Happy to do this under the DataTables support option: http://datatables.net/support .

Allan
  • PriyankaDubeyPriyankaDubey Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am not able to see the buttons for exporting the datatables to CSV,Excel,PDF,Print
    Can u plz provide me a sample code for each of the functions
    Plz reply itz very urgent
  • tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394
    http://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/12899/post-test-cases-when-asking-for-help-please-read
This discussion has been closed.