Bootstrap + DataTables-1.10.0.dev + FixedColumn-2.5.0.dev

Bootstrap + DataTables-1.10.0.dev + FixedColumn-2.5.0.dev

kaliumkalium Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2013 in Bug reports
We've recently started using bootstrap an upgraded jquery and associated plugins (including upgrading to the above versions of DataTables and FixedColumn). It completely threw out the usability of one of our tables.

The problem seemed to stem from the fact that it was entering the following if block [code]if ( $(o.nTable).outerWidth() < iSanityWidth ) [/code] on line 3403, which subsequently managed to balls up the formatting (I wasn't able to quite grok what it was trying to do).

Anyway, I saw that without Bootstrap styling present it never entered this if block and there were no problems.
After more digging I found the code that caused the discrepency in behaviour was this:

[code]
_fnApplyToChildren( function(nSizer, i) {
nSizer.innerHTML = "";
nSizer.style.width = aApplied[i];
}, anHeadSizers );
[/code]

The anHeadSizers had two elements that it traversed, and as it was modifying the cells in the second , the value returned from
$(o.nTable).outerWidth() (which is a jQuery.css() call) was becoming progressively less and less. This was not the case without Bootstrap. It turns out that removing the 'max-width': 100% style element (or setting it to 'none') fixed the problem.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in jQuery, or if this is expected and the '$(o.nTable).outerWidth() < iSanityWidth' is suppose to handle this better.
Either way, I just removed set max-width: none, as there is no reason that I know of to have it set for an X scrolling table anyway.

Is this a known problem? Has it been observed before?

Cheers

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    edited October 2013
    Which version of 1.10 are you using? The one from the 1_10_wip branch? It would be very helpful if you could please link to a test case showing the problem so I can diagnose the issue. Also are you using Chrome? Chrome 30 has a bug in it which duffs up the column alignment...

Allan
  • kaliumkalium Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    This was from the master branch. I'm using Firefox. I was also using the CSS that you recommended for users of Bootstrap.

I'll see if I can figure out how to recreate it in a test case I can link to.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    The master branch is months out of date. Try the 1_10_wip branch as that is current.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.