file upload

file upload

SoerenSoeren Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2013 in Editor
Hi there,

Is there already a solution "in the box" for uploading files? I found some threads from 2012 about this with comments that say, that it will be available soon.

Cheers,
Soeren

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,715Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    Hi Soeren,

I'm afraid that this is still the case. The current state of affairs is that all my development time is currently being put into DataTables 1.10, which should be ready for beta very soon (documentation is in progress). Following that Editor 1.3 will be developed for launch alongside DataTables 1.10.0 which should be towards the end of December / start of January.

Following that, I'm going to spend some time working on some plug-ins for Editor and DataTables. The first one on the list is a file upload plug-in. it might be provided as a core part of the Editor libraries, I haven't quite decided yet!

Having said that, field type plug-ins for Editor are relatively straight forward - there is a tutorial here if you want to give it a go: https://editor.datatables.net/tutorials/field_types . An upload plug-in will be slightly more complicated, since if you want to store the file somewhere other than the database (i.e. the file system) it will need to be intercepted before using the Editor PHP libraries which currently assume that a database table column will be used.

If you give it a go, let me know how you get on, and likewise if you have any questions along the way!

Regards,
    Allan
  • SoerenSoeren Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Thank you for the fast answer. What I want to do is handing over a .csv file to a php script to seperate some data from this file. The seperated data should then be written to the database. I will try my luck with the tutorials and see how far i can make it. ;)

Cheers,
    Soeren
This discussion has been closed.