Editor + Bootstrap 3 + PHP Starter Help

Editor + Bootstrap 3 + PHP Starter Help

MattDMattD Posts: 27Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited December 2013 in Editor
I'll preface this with the fact that I'm new to DataTables. That being said, I've got TableTools working as intended and the overall DataTables layout exactly how it should look. The search function works, the pagination works, etc. I cannot get Editor working at all.

I've read all the guides on the site, gone through forum posts, etc. I've modified no less than 5 different files dealing with Editor trying to get it to work but I can't even get the buttons to show much less do anything. When I do get errors I keep fixing them and I've got as deep as the query file. I honestly don't even know if my file structure is correct and perhaps that is throwing everything off. I've tried to disable the original copy / paste / save TableTools and just use the Editor initialisation but still no buttons. I would post a specific example if I had one but it seems like one of 1000 different things might be an issue.

I don't have a specific test case as I've tried this many different ways and as I said, I'm not sure if it's one of the PHP files. That being said, I should still have buttons right?

If anyone has a full guide from step 1 I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394
    The user guide has plenty of examples starting with the simplest:
    https://editor.datatables.net/release/DataTables/extras/Editor/examples/index.html

Have you looked at all the basics - e.g. do you have the necessary files included in your HTML?
  • MattDMattD Posts: 27Questions: 2Answers: 0
    I've used that guide and all the others on the site. I have every necessary js and css. I'm actually trying to work through the htmlTable.php example that comes with Editor since it seems similar to what I'm trying to accomplish. I will post a test case if anything specific comes up. I just thought it strange that under no circumstances can I get buttons to appear however they work fine with TableTools.
This discussion has been closed.