An error has occurred - Please contact the system administrator

An error has occurred - Please contact the system administrator

aristidisaristidis Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited January 2014 in Editor
i m using DataTables Editor that works fine on localhost wamp server but in my site with the same configuration take<< An error has occurred - Please contact the system administrator>> ?please help me on this.

Replies

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394
    You will need to provide more detail. See here:
    http://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/12899/post-test-cases-when-asking-for-help-please-read
  • aristidisaristidis Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0
    Thank you for replay.Link is
    The corresponding link to datatable works fine
    PHP_VERSION, "5.2.17"
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the link to the test case. The error message you are seeing on first load above a JSON error, means exactly what is says on the tin - that there the return front he server is not valid JSON. In fact it is an error message:

[code]

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or '(' in /home/epithimo/public_html/DataTables-1.9.4/extras/Editor-1.2.4-trial/examples/php/browsers.php on line 12

[/code]

I very much suspect that this means you are using an old version of PHP - 5.2 perhaps? The Editor PHP libraries require PHP 5.3 or newer. Are you able to upgrade - 5.3 added a lot of great new features with the Editor libraries make use of.

*edit* - I missed the bit where you explicitly say 5.2.17! That's the problem. Are you able to upgrade? I do have 5.2 compatibility libraries from an old version of Editor, but they are no longer supported, have a different API and not as many features as the new libraries!

Allan
This discussion has been closed.