Standalone Editor

Standalone Editor

johnwillynjohnwillyn Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2014 in Editor
Alan,
I know you have mentioned this in one of your many posts, but what are your plans for de-coupling Editor from DataTables? I love DateTables, and will be using it in my apps, but I am also interested in using Editor as a general (custom) form module for non-table apps.
Thanks again for your tireless work, support and great components!
JohnL

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    Your timing genuinely couldn't be better! This is the exact feature I'm working on in Editor at the moment. I've decoupled the DataTables specific code into an abstraction layer that Editor can now be used to provide editing abilities for virtually any Javascript component. Editor 1.3 will include support for DataTables (obviously :-) ), HTML and JS data sources.

I'd be interested in talking to you about your exact requirements to see if they will be possible in Editor if you want to drop me an e-mail ( allan @ this domain ) or a PM.

Thanks,
    Allan
  • johnwillynjohnwillyn Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Excellent! I will be happy to discuss requirements, and will send you an email to start the discussion.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    Hi John,

I haven't received an e-mail from you. No problem at all if you haven't had a chance to send one yet, but just in case it has been "lost in the post" somewhere, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you!

Allan
This discussion has been closed.