Newbie getting search box and paginate buttons duplicated

Newbie getting search box and paginate buttons duplicated

billfbillf Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2009 in General
Hi
Just starting to use DataTables and v. impressed but after pasting an example table into my page and using example initialisation code ('Feature enablement' example) I get the table displayed but with 2 seach boxes, 2 length change lines, 2 info lines and 2 sets of paginate buttons. The only differences are that 1info line says "1 to 10 of 10" and the other says "1 to 10 of 57".

Any advice gratefully received.

Bill

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Hi Bill,

Sounds very odd indeed! Do you have an example page that you could post?

Three things spring to mind:

1. Could the DataTables initialisation be called twice on the table?
    2. Are you using the sDom parameter to move elements around at all - with incorrect parameters "funny" things can happy?
    3. The HTML you are using, I presume it's just a straight table. DataTables added the HTML it needs for searching etc.

Regards,
    Allan
  • billfbillf Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have just resolved the problem. It was caused by the jQuery library being included twice. I am using Zend Framework and the libray got included once in the layout and again in the view - assuming you know anything about ZF :)

Thanks for your great component - I think it's going to take me a little while to get to grips with all it's capable of.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Hi Bill,

Super - good to hear you got it sorted! Useful information for anyone else using Zend Framework.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.