Couple of bugs/suggestion from our use of DataTables

Couple of bugs/suggestion from our use of DataTables

arturmaarturma Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2014 in Bug reports
To move columnFilter to top of table we change function _fnGetUniqueThs in ferst for into:
[code]for ( var i=0, iLen=aLayout.length ; i< aLayout.length && i<1 ; i++ )[/code]

Another idea would be hidding 'loading div' if error is occured, so we changed function fnServerData and added
[code]oSettings.oApi._fnProcessingDisplay( oSettings, false ); // in error handler[/code]
[code].fail(function(){oSettings.oApi._fnProcessingDisplay( oSettings, false );});// to the and of ajax.[/code]

What is more, it would be great to have all alert's value in one place to make localization easier.

One word about columnFIlter Plug-in: it cannot be use on multiple tables in one page - it is a big bug. What is more, "select" formater does not work as it's described. And filtering should only work if same letter/digit was pressed, not e.g. arrrows.

That are our suggestions.
Best regards

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Hi,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. The columnFilter plug-in is not part of the DataTables core project, it is 3rd party software, so I can't comment too much on that aspect of it.

However, its an excellent point about the processing display. I will add that into DataTables.

> What is more, it would be great to have all alert's value in one place to make localization easier.

The warnings emitted by DataTables should never be seen by an end user, which is why they are not easily translatable like all of the other strings DataTables uses.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.