Issue with Footer

Issue with Footer

jdadwilsonjdadwilson Posts: 80Questions: 14Answers: 1
edited March 2014 in Bug reports
My dataTable works fine on the initial load (see debugger ugedoy). But if I use my reset button, which allows the user to enter new information used for filtering from the database, the footer is messed up (see debugger ekupuq).

You will note in the fnFooterCallback that the first two nCells are commented out. If they are not commented then the table does not even load. Further, you will note in the ekupuq report that the text in the first two columns (0 and 1) are taken from the information in columns 5 & 6. Is this a problem (bug) or am I doing something wrong in the initialization?

I would very much like to provide a link to the page but it is from a secure site that requires a user login.

TIA for any assistance.
jdadwilson

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    When you say the "reset button" what does that do? Does it destroy the table?

I see also that you are using DataTables 1.9.1. It might be worth trying 1.9.4 and 1.10 beta to see if that helps, as there have been a lot of fixes since 1.9.1.

However, I'm really sorry, but I suspect that I'd need a test case that shows the problem to be able to fully understand what the issue is.

Allan
  • jdadwilsonjdadwilson Posts: 80Questions: 14Answers: 1
    Allan,
    Thanks for the reply. I have now loaded 1.9.4 but am still having the problem.

Basically, the Reset button clears hide/show a bunch of fields/divs on a form. Nothing to do with the table (other than hiding the div containing the table).

Is there a way I could post a couple of snips or maybe email them to you?

jdadwilson
  • allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    If you could send them (and some screenshots so I can visualise the issue - its how my brain works...!) to 'allan' @ this domain.net.

Thanks,
    Allan
  • jdadwilsonjdadwilson Posts: 80Questions: 14Answers: 1
    I sent an email containing two images and some explanation.

Let me know that you received them please.

Again, thanks for your assistance.
    jdadwilson
This discussion has been closed.