No matching records found

No matching records found

syn4ksyn4k Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2010 in Bug reports
The datatable doesn't work with Chrome. It works with all other browsers though...Is this a known issue?

Replies

  • syn4ksyn4k Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I always get the same error at the top of the table: No matching records found
    I am running the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari. Chrome and Safari exhibit the same basic behavior. That seems very odd to me...considering the two bowsers that don't work are likely the most stable.
  • syn4ksyn4k Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Chrome screenshot: http://img338.imageshack.us/i/screenshot002mt.jpg/
    Safari screenshot: http://img576.imageshack.us/i/screenshot001q.jpg/
  • allanallan Posts: 57,300Questions: 1Answers: 9,127 Site admin
    I haven't encountered this before - and there haven't been any reports of a similar issue - so not one I am aware of. Seems odd that Chrome and Safari would be different, but obviously that is the case. Is your HTML valid? And can you post a link to the page so I can see it in action.

    Allan
  • dbasedbase Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    i had a similar problem,

    turns out that the data being returned to the browser was headered as text/xml, so all the test such as
    if(element.nodeName == 'TD') failed because of the uppercase for html nodenames, hence the "No matching records found"

    what i did was simply replace the uppercases TD, TH, TR in such comparaisons as lowercases td, tr, th and all worked well.

    off course until i get my headers right...

    hope this helps.
  • allanallan Posts: 57,300Questions: 1Answers: 9,127 Site admin
    Ah interesting. Thanks for the information dbase. This is something that has been addressed in the 1.7 work I've been doing, and a beta of that should be available soon hopefully.

    Regards,
    Allan
  • syn4ksyn4k Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    allan, you were right. I had some javascript which was causing a conflict. I moved it to the bottom of the page and everything was golden. Thanks dbase and allan for your help.
This discussion has been closed.