problem adding grouping row, same issue as 1.9.4 ???

problem adding grouping row, same issue as 1.9.4 ???

carteriiicarteriii Posts: 25Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited April 2014 in DataTables 1.10
A long time ago I noticed that DataTables would not properly track "grouping" rows that were added which didn't perfectly match the structure of all other rows. This was documented in the following discussion thread:

http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/11915/1.9.x-redundant-validity-check-in-fnopen-causes-failure-with-row-grouping-example

I just ran 1.10.0-beta2 for the first time and this same problem appears, or at least the same symptom appears in my code. I have not stepped into/debugged the 1.10.0-beta2 code beyond the first call to fnOpen to know whether this is truly the same (obviously fnOpen has changed dramatically).

Allan, would you please re-read the old thread and see if you think 1.10 should handle this properly, or whether it's possible to make this work? I've been running my own modified version of 1.9.x and it would be nice not to have to modify the source again when 1.10 is done.

Replies

• carteriiicarteriii Posts: 25Questions: 1Answers: 0
    I got a cloudflare error and didn't realize the first post went through. Sorry for the dup. Feel free to delete it.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up again. 1.10 makes no changes in the behaviour here over what 1.9 had. Indeed, they should be identical and if not, then its a bug. As I mentioned in the previous thread, the real fix is to get grouping fully integrated into DataTables, but I'm afraid that it doesn't do that yet. Perhaps in future...

Allan
This discussion has been closed.