CSS issue with Chrome/Safari/IE

CSS issue with Chrome/Safari/IE

liedekefliedekef Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2014 in DataTables 1.10
The issue and solution is described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7452472/jquery-datatables-and-ie-chrome-safari-table-overlaps-footer-instead-of-pushing
I ran into this issue yesterday, and had to apply the "float: left" to .dataTables_wrapper, so I would like to ask if this can be included in the standard CSS by default.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    If that is an issue for you depends entirely upon your surrounding HTML and the CSS applied to it. float:left on the wrapper is not something that should be included in the default CSS - it will cause far more layout issues that it would resolve.

Allan
  • liedekefliedekef Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    So the example mentioned in the link above was too generic, or there it would work just fine?
    I use datatables in a wordpress plugin and I need to do this, but as mentioned by the url above: not for firefox.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    As I say, it really depends on the rest of the HTML and CSS. I don't remember ever needing to set the container as a floating element before. Generally I'll have a wrapper around content which is floating, but as I say, it really depends upon a lot more.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.