How can i change dataTable lable names language dynamically

How can i change dataTable lable names language dynamically

nirmalanirmala Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2014 in DataTables 1.9
Hi
I m using python, plone for my project. But i m new to dataTables, I cant find a way to change the dataTable label names like search, entries, first,last,etc. What i need to know is how can i change my dataTable label names language when a user changes language in plone site. I have .po files in Locales folder in which i created msgid's and msgstr for the strings to changes dynamically. And i can i use the .po file in html page to change label names dynamically as per user selection. But i cant able to change the language of dataTable label names. Can anyone help me to find the solution.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    There is currently no API to change the language strings after the table has initialised. The strings can only be customised before (as defaults) or during initialisation (using `oLanguage` ).

Allan
  • nirmalanirmala Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    HI Allan,

Are you sure that there is no way of changing the label name dynamically like how i asked in my post.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    edited April 2014
    Very sure. I wrote it.

It would be possible via API plug-ins, but none exist, as far as I am aware, that perform that action.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.