horizontal scrollbar only under non-fixed columns

horizontal scrollbar only under non-fixed columns

benjaminaaronbenjaminaaron Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2014 in FixedColumns
With the newest version of FixedColumns I can't seem to produce the situation displayed in the intro-example [https://datatables.net/extras/fixedcolumns/] that the horizontal scrollbar starts under the non-fixed columns.
In my table it keeps spanning across the entire table and since the FixedColumn is transparent by default I can see that it is just a duplicate of the first column floating on top of it. I would like that intro-example behaviour though; the first column to be fixed and the rest of the columns with their own scrollbar next to them without the first column as duplicate.
When I use an old version of the plug-in (2.0.4) where the constructor is "new FixedColumn(oTable)" instead of "new $.fn.dataTable.FixedColumns(oTable)" it works for me. However, I had to comment some browser-checking strangeness out in the plug-in and would prefer to use the newest version. How can I make the newest version behave like the old version (=like the intro-example)?

Replies

• nilesh.chhaprunilesh.chhapru Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Please any one provide a solution on above problem.... i am also looking out for similar feature in newer version...

Thanks In Advance

• Asdasd123Asdasd123 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I faced the same problem then i called oTable.fnAdjustColumnSizing(); after
    var fTable = new $.fn.dataTable.FixedColumns(oTable, {
    leftColumns: 1
    });
    this statement.I hope it will work for you also.

This discussion has been closed.