How to improve performance of a DOM sourced table

How to improve performance of a DOM sourced table

neo_workneo_work Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, I have a DOM sourced table with about 3000 records (upto 10 columns). It takes about 10 seconds to paginate. I was wondering if there is any way to improve its performance. I tried bDeferRender and iDeferLoading but it seems they are only for Ajax/JS sourced data.

My table is generated through Ajax and JS only but it doesn't contain just text. It also has checkboxes. So I don't think I can source the data directly from Ajax/JS into the datatable.

Can someone please help me on this. I would really appreciate it. I am fairly new to web technologies and under a major deadline :(

Answers

• neo_workneo_work Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited May 2014

I am sorry I forgot to mention, I am not sorting the data in table. Just putting it as it is since it is already sorted. Following are the parameters I am using

$('#ResultTable').dataTable({
                "bLengthChange": false,
                "aaSorting": [],
                "aoColumnDefs": [{ "bSortable": false, "aTargets": [ 0 ] }]
                });

• allanallan Posts: 61,609Questions: 1Answers: 10,088 Site admin

Can you link to the page so we can profile it please? 3'000 rows shouldn't be a problem for modern browsers.

Allan

I am developing it using Wampserver. So it is in my desktop...

• allanallan Posts: 61,609Questions: 1Answers: 10,088 Site admin

Without a test case to provide, there is very little I can do to help I'm afraid. Try profiling it in Chrome yourself and see where the slow functions are.

Allan

Hmm...I did some tweaks and managed to bring it down to 5-6 seconds. Let me try and do the profiling which you suggested. I hope we will be online in 2 weeks. I will check it again at that time. Thanks a lot....

This discussion has been closed.